Winter is the perfect time to snuggle up next to a warm fire with your sweetie for a relaxing date night at home. Just because you’re staying in doesn’t mean your evening has to be boring. Why not turn up the heat (and not just in the fireplace)? Breaking out the essential oils to give your partner a sensual massage can be a great primer for a romantic evening.
Instead of taking a stroll down the intimate aids’ aisle at the local drugstore, try mixing up your own massage oil at home using Young Living products designed to stimulate the senses (and the libido). Essential oils can be safer than some of the weird ingredients in over-the-counter products. Plus, you can spare yourself the awkwardness of running into your next-door neighbor while looking at commercial lubes in the store. Trust me when I say it’s best to avoid that scenario, friends.
To spare you that experience, here are some of my best tips for using essential oils for sensual massage to make your next date night in one to remember.
Essential oils to match your mood
While it’s true you can use just about any essential oil to enhance a massage, you might want to choose one to match your mood (or enhance the atmosphere you hope to create). Scent plays a major role in setting the scene. Plus, those science guys tell us that our memories can be triggered by smells because our limbic system is linked to our sense of smell. For those of you who may not know, the limbic system is the most primitive part of the brain. Therein lies our basest of instincts, including the urge to get a little something, something with your special someone.
Some fragrances can get the motor running a little more efficiently than others. Here are my top picks for romance.
- Sensation Massage Oil is tops on my list of Young Living products to have in your sensual massage toolkit. The perfect blend of Coriander, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Jasmine, and Geranium, it’s sure to arouse and amplify your excitement to new levels. Not only will this concoction get your juices flowing, but it also leaves your skin soft and supple and oh so touchable. Since this already is blended and ready for use, zero preparation is needed before you can start slathering it on your sweetie.
- Joy Essential Oil Blend is another hot commodity for date night in. It combines an exotic blend of citrus and floral essential oils, including Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Palmarosa, and Tangerine. Double the pleasure, double the fun, when you diffuse this scent and mix a few drops of it with a carrier oil to create the perfect homemade massage elixir.
- Hong Kuai inspires action with its uplifting and woodsy aroma. Fellas, this is a perfect one to ask your ladies to run into every square inch of your body. The smell will drive them wild with anticipation and longing. Just mix two drops of Hong Kuai, 1 drop of Ylang Ylang, and 1 drop of Blue Spruce with your favorite carrier oil and get down to business.
- Clary Sage reduces stress and encourages relaxation. Mix a few drops of it with Ylang Ylang or Sensation for a sensual massage oil that can get any woman in the mood for romance.
You can find these oils on my Get Oils page right here on the website. Grab yours today and start planning your next romantic evening.
Mixing up your own love potion
Essential oils can do more than heat up your massage time. You also can use it to make a DIY lubricant with a warming sensation that is out of this world. Here’s what you need to make it:
- 10 drops of either Sensation blend or Ylang Ylang
- 4 drops of Black Pepper
- 4 drops of Peppermint
Mix with the carrier oil of your choice and store in a bottle with a pump for ease of use. Coconut oil is an excellent choice for a carrier because it’s mild and non-irritating for those sensitive areas. You need about 1 to 2 teaspoons of this love potion to get the job done. Always shake the mixture well before using.
Tips for the best sensual massage strokes
Giving a sensual massage is an art form. Do it right, and you’ll leave your partner begging for more. One of the first things you must do is warm up your hands. Most people prefer a warm touch to a cold one for an enjoyable experience. Dabble a few teaspoons of your special massage blend and warm it up in your hands. Then, start with light strokes from the head to the toes to get your significant other’s juices flowing. (You can increase the pressure depending on what your partner likes). Pay special attention to the neck and shoulders, where most people hold their tension.
Leave no part of the body untouched during your massage. Rub every nook and cranny until your sweetie is completely relaxed. Remember, friends: your hands aren’t your only tools during the massage. Get creative.
Essential oils between the sheets
Want some more tantalizing tips for using essential oils between the sheets? Check out my essential guide to get more details on the best essential oils for libido.