Essential Oils to Spice Up Your V-Day
Essential oils can spice up any occasion. Oilers already know this. So, why not include them in what is billed as the most romantic day of the year? Nothing says lovin’ like giving the ole libido a little boost on Valentine’s Day. There is hardly a shortage of essential oils that serve as aphrodisiacs. Infuse them into the air to create a romantic mood or mix them with some carrier oil to create a soothing or sensual massage oil. Give your body the green light to go, go, go, and a night your special someone will never forget. Here are my picks for the best essential oils to spice up your V-Day.
Essential oils to enhance your libido
I have five go-to essential oils for enhancing libido. Each one does something different, so you might want to mix and match depending on your romantic goals for the evening.
- Clary sage is an essential oil the ladies will want to add to their repertoire on Valentine’s Day. Not only does it get their motors running, but it also primes the reproductive system if conceiving a love child with your special someone is on the to-do list for the ultimate love holiday.
- Lavender is the essential oil for any couple interested in unleashing their inhibitions for a little extra something, something on V-Day. Lavender is so versatile you can infuse it into your bedroom or put a few dabs on your wrists or in your hair to bring the glorious scent with you wherever you go.
- Sandalwood supports energy levels, which you’ll need plenty of if you hope to go the distance on this day of love. As a bonus, sandalwood also promotes hormonal balance to ensure your special someone doesn’t hear the dreaded “not tonight, honey” excuse on the biggest romantic holiday of the year.
- Ylang ylang helps stimulate your sex drive, getting you in the mood for whatever your partner has in mind on V-Day. Studies also have shown it can support self-esteem, which is important when getting intimate with your special someone. Its sensual, woody aroma is perfect for diffusing into the bedroom (or all through the house). Blend it with lavender and geranium to create a sweet and seductive aroma.
You can find these and other Young Living essential oils on my Get Oils page. Don’t forget to pick up a copy of my guide for using essential oils between the sheets. It can give you a few more ideas I’ve not mentioned in this blog for any time of the year.
Essential oils to create romance
Drive your partner wild with essential oils designed to put romance in the air – literally! These essential oils have the potential to set the scene for love because our brains can be triggered by smell and scent. Create a special memory with any of these essential oils diffusing into the room, and it’s sure to reignite the fire any time your special someone gets a whiff of the scent in the future.
- Frankincense stimulates the senses and promotes relaxation so you can leave the worries of the day behind you and enjoy a night of passion with your partner. You can use it alone, or pair it with any of the other essential oils mentioned in this article to enhance its power.
- Jasmine was considered a sacred flower in ancient Persia. Its irresistible aroma was believed to attract a lover to whoever used it. Rumor also has it that it also might boost your confidence so you can leave your inhibitions behind. If the odor is too overwhelming on its own, you can mix Jasmine with bergamot or lavender to make it a little less overpowering.
- Patchouli is a powerful scent that can soothe even the crankiest of paramours. It produces a strong aroma, so I recommend blending it with other essential oils – orange, lavender, bergamot – to tone it down a bit.
Do-it-yourself (Valentine’s Day blend, that is)
Do you want to make a good old-fashioned love potion for your Valentine’s Day lovefest? Boy, do I have the recipe for you! Put a spell on your paramour and get to celebrating this day of love in the most romantic way possible.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 drops Patchouli
- 2 drops Ylang Ylang
- 2 drops Bergamot
Diffuse this concoction to fill any room in your home with this sensual aroma. Want to take it to the next level? Mix these three essential oils with the carrier oil of your choice and massage it gently into your lover’s skin. If that doesn’t get them going, nothing will!
Celebrate any occasion with essential oils
Essential oils are perfect for any time of the year, not just Valentine’s Day. Don’t pass up your chance at a little extra romance any day of the week when you rely on these essential oils to get the juices flowing. Happy love fest, everyone!